Neighbor to Neighbor Food Bank:
- Phone: 905-574-1334
- 28 Athens St. (3rd street west of Upper James off Mohawk)
- Open Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday 9:30am – 12noon & 12:30 – 3:30 pm, Thursday 1:00pm – 4:00 pm & 4:30 – 7:30 pm
- Note: Closed all day Friday
Out of the Cold program:
- FREE MEALS – Everyone welcome for a sit down meal.
- Location: Stephen on the Mount right beside Juravinski Hospital: 625 Concession St.
- Open every Wednesday evening at 5:00pm – 6:30pm from November to March inclusive
- Ask about grocery bag program (small fee)
- Another Location: Immanuel Christian Reformed Church located at 61 Mohawk Rd. W. Monday: Dinner at 5:00 pm
- Runs FREE BUFFET style food at the old bus terminal (Rebecca and John streets)
- Everyone welcome – every Wednesday evening at 8:00 pm
- All you can eat and take with you.
- Same meals at 9:30 pm at Barton and Birch St.
- There is also food donations on Sunday evenings at the old bus terminal at 8:00 pm & Strachan and Bay St. at 9:00 pm.
- Clothing and Household Item Program
- Phone 905-574-6917
- 1136 West 5th St. Hamilton Hours Monday, Wednesday & Friday 10 am-1 pm.
Good Shepherd: Family Division – Food and Clothing
- Phone 905 972 9485
- Cannon St. at Ferguson
- Open Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 11:00 am & 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- ID needed for each member of family, proof of income and rent receipts to determine eligibility. You will then receive a membership card to use on next visits.
- All low income families are eligible.
Essential Aid and Family Services – Infant Formula and Diaper Bank:
- Providing free infant and children’s essentials to local families in need.
- Assistance provided up to once every 2 months.
- Phone: 289-799-9514
- Address: 100 Main St E Suite 109 Hamilton
- Open Mon, Wed, Fri 10 am-12 noon
Salvation Army (The): Community Food Bank, Christmas Help Program, Hope line.
- Phone: 905-540-1888
- 80 Bay St N Hamilton
- Open Mon-Wed, Fri 9:30 am-11:45 am, 1 pm-3:30 pm, Thu 9:30 am-11:45 am
Restoration House Hamilton:
- The food bank offers emergency food assistance to all persons living in poverty and with low incomes.
- Phone: 905-527-1622
- 103 MacNab St N Hamilton
- Fri: 12 noon
Living Rock Ministries – Youth Food Bank and Rock Shop:
- Emergency services for youth in the community.
- Provides food, clothing, hospital care packages, baby products and hygiene items.
- Offers nutrition and budgeting programs.
- Provides connection to Wellness Works Coordinator.
- Distributes Christmas Hampers to those in need.
- Phone: 905-528-7625 ext. 259
- 30 Wilson St Hamilton
- Open Tue, Thu 1 pm-4 pm, Wed 1:30 pm-4 pm, Sat 1:30 pm-6 pm
Seventh Day Adventist Church:
- Offers emergency services to families and individuals of any religion to assist in meeting immediate needs.
- Phone: 905-575-8764
- 284 Concession St Hamilton
- Open Wed 6 pm-7 pm
King’s Way Outreach Centre (The) – Food Pantry:
- Grocery baskets provided to those in need upon request as food items are available.
- Phone: 905-296-9473
- 649 King St E Hamilton
- Open Mon-Thu 11 am-12:30 pm, 1:30pm – 3pm
Welcome Inn Community Centre:
Households receive a three-day supply of food. 905-525-5824 40 Wood St E Hamilton Mon, Wed, Fri 11:30 am-2 pm. The food bank can be accessed once per household every 30 days.
Emergency Shelter: Mission Services
- 196 Wentworth St. N. (at Barton)
- Phone (Reception): 905-528-4212
- Reception Hours: Mon – Fri 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Good Shepherd Family Centre:
- 143 Wentworth St. S. (between Stinson & Delaware)
- Phone: 905-528-9442
- Open 9am – 3pm
Eviction: Mountain Legal
- 550 Fennell Ave. E. (@ Upper Wentworth)
- Phone: 905-575-9590
- Phone: 289-799-9514
- 307 King St. E
- Government ID needed
- For infants and children under age of 4 years – they provide food, baby formula & diapers
- Open Monday, Wednesday & Friday between 10:00 am and 12 noon
Hamilton Housing Help Centre – Housing Stability Benefit:
- Phone: 905-526-8100 Effort Square
- 119 Main St E Hamilton
- Open Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri 10 am – 4:30 pm, Wed 12 noon-4:30 pm
- Helps ODSP with low income maintain their housing. ODSP recipients can receive help with last month’s rent, rent arrears and utility arrears. People with low income can receive help with utility & rent arrears.
“Information Hamilton connects people with the services and resources they need… information is available online, by telephone, and in-person. It includes community organizations, government programs, social services, cultural groups, employment and training, counselling and support, housing, legal, health, children’s services, older adult’s services, and more.”
- 55 York Blvd., Hamilton
- Phone: 905-528-8127 for Community Information
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: informationhamilton.ca/Redbook
- Ontario 211 is a free helpline that connects you to community and social services in your area 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, in over 150 languages.
- Central South Region Tel: 905-682-6611, Toll-Free: 1-800-263-3695
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.incommunities.ca
- Click for Facebook page –>Facebook
- Click for Twitter –> Twitter
- 666 Barton St. E.
- Phone: 289-799-2135
COAST: 24 Hour Crisis Outreach and Support Team – Mental Health
- Located in St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton
- 50 Charlton Ave E
- Phone: 905-972-8338
Alcoholics Anonymous: Helpline 905-522-8399
Alcohol, Drug & Gambling:
- 21 Hunter St. Hamilton
- Phone: 905-546-2424 Ext: 3606
Mountain Medical Walk-In Clinic:
- 880 Upper Wentworth St.
- Phone: 905-575-0808
- 989 Fennell Ave. E. Suite 1007
- Phone: 1- 877-849-3637
- 849 Upper Wentworth Street
- Phone: 905-389-3122
Dental: Hamilton Public Health Services & Social Services, Dental Services & Dental Health Bus:
- Phone: 905-546-2489 (CITY)
- Preventative Services (cleanings) 905-546-3566
The Manor Counselling Centre:
- Providing support for Abuse, Family Problems, Couples Counselling, Depression, Loss, Separation & Divorce, Stress, Anxiety, Trauma, Parent & Child Relationships and fseap Counselling.
- Book an appointment for Thursday from 11:30am to 6pm at 905-527-3823 ext. 279or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.cfshw.com
Society of St. Vincent de Paul:
- Vinnies Feel Good Shopping: 200 Parkdale Ave. N. (at Britannia), 905-549-3902
- St. Vincent de Paul Value Store: 429 Barton St. E, Hamilton, 905-522-7045
- St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store: 116 Lock St. East, Dunnville, 905-701-9999
Seeds of Hope:
- It is the Canada Learning Bond, available now through StartMyRESP.ca/SSVP
- This is a Government of Canada contribution to a child’s Registered Education Savings Plan. It provides up to $2,000 in savings for the post-secondary education of eligible children.